Saturday, July 03, 2010

The Natural Collection Review


At Boots, there is a really cheap brand of makeup called 'the Natural Collection'. It's a brand by Boots so it's really cheap-£1.99 or under. When I was at Boots, the was on sale, 3 for 5 £5. Yes. 3 for £5. So I went ahead at bought some: Actually, I bought A LOT:
  • The Natural Collection Loose Powder in Neutral
  • The Natural Collection Coloured Foundation in Sand
  • The Natural Collection Duo Eyeshadow - Mink and Sable
  • The Natural Collection Duo Eyeshadow - Starlight and Midnight
  • The Natural Collection Concealer in Light
  • The Natural Collection Mono Eyeshadow Opal White
  • The Natural Collection Lipgloss - Sherbert Fizz
  • The Natural Collection Liquid Eyeliner Black
  • The Natural Collection Nail Varnish in Topaz
Yes. Nine items. Not all at once!! But yes. Nine items. I just want to say that the reason why I went back and bought more was that it's really cheap and it was quite good for the price.

I wouldn't EVER go back and buy any more makeup from there agian, because...look at the price! You can't get anything good quality for £1.99!!!
The foundation comes in a transparent squeesable bottle, and it is not a good foundation!! It doesn't stay on very long, in fact, you can wash it off with water, you can just see the color dripping off into the water. Same goes for the concealer. It doesn;t conceal, and is very hard to blend because it dries really fast, and the shades are very strange. I found that after I used it, the places where I put the concealer would flake off, and my skin would become really dry and flaky. It also doesn;t conceal very well. :(
Translucent powder is O.K. Its fine to use it once in a while, but I found that the texture of my skin would become really uneven, and it stopped when I stopped using the powder.

The eyshadow is meh. I use the black shadow the most, to line my eyes sometimes, I rarely use the other colors.
The lipgloss disappears literally 10 seconds after applying!! And I found that the smell went really werd after a while...
I have used A LOT of the nail varnish, but you will need to apply 2/3 coats to get a solid color.

No comments:

Post a Comment