Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Top 5 YouTube Beauty Gurus

Do you, like me, LOVE watching vlogs and beauty tutorials on YouTube?? I know there are so many makeup tutorials out there, but I'm just going to tell you the best 5 (in my opinion) if you don't know them already, which your probably do, but anyways...

1.) Michelle Phan - Michellephan
Well... you guys probably already know Michelle Phan, she's possible the biggest and most popular beauty guru on YouTube right now, and I love her tutorials on makeup/hair/skin care because they're really like, clear, and unlike some of the other people on YouTube (they might be mentioned later on in this post) her tutorials aren't live (okay, some are) so you don't sit there for 2 minutes listening to her talk about something random like what she ate for dinner yesterday (or something), it just goes straight into the tutorial. If you watch one of her makeup tutorials you'll know what I mean.I almost forgot!! Michelle also has another charity channel for bloopers and a 'whats in my purse video' called ricebunny.

2.) Blair Fowler - juicystar07

You guys probably know her already, but yeah, I'm going to tell you a little about her YouTube channel(s), Blair has two channels, one of them (juicystar07) is just only basically for her makeup and hair stuff, and her other channel (otherjuicystar07) which like her vlog only, with like, outfit of the day and stuff. The reason she got second place is because that she does what I REALLY hate - talking for ages before a tutorial (sorry Blair), but only on makeup and hair ones. The reason why I like her channel is because she does things like 'what to carry in your school bag', which for me is really helpful. She's really nice, and I know on YouTube there were these videos about how she got a nose job and stuff, but seriously??? Who cares if she did? Oh, and also she had these really adorable dogs! 

3.) Lindy Tsang - Bubzbeauty
You guys might know her, and it was just now that i found out her real name is Lindy (I hope its right!!), before I thought it had something to do with Bubbi/Bubz, and I was like O_O!! But, don;t you think that she reminds you of Michelle Phan?? I know in one of her videos she said that it's annoying people comparing her to Michelle, but her videos seriously remind me of Michelle!! Like, they're both filmed and edited, with subtitles at the bottom kinda, and background music. I first found her when I was looking through Michelle's vids and you know at the side, there's links to other videos?? Yeah, I saw Bubbi's school look first. She's also really nice and a actual good person at heart :)

4.) Elle Fowler - allthatglitters21
As you can probably tell, Elle is Blair's (older) sister, and she has a youtube beauty channel as well, she has more videos than Blair because she's been on Youtube longer, and her channel is basically all focused on makeup and hair, but she does have another channel (ellesglittergossip) which is like, more personal things. 
Elle and Blair have a online shop thing, where they sell like, brush holders, stuff like that at :GlitzyGlam.
Elle, like Blair talks for ages in a tutorial, so everytime I watch their videos, I always fast forward to about 1 minutes.

5.) Samantha Maria - beautycrush
I really like Sammi because of lots of reasons:
She's from the UK like me, and she's one of the few makeup gurus that I know who are not American (no offence!), and her tutotials are really helpful and she's really funny sometimes!! She doesn't spend ages talking about nothing in her videos...which...is good...(I don't no what to say!!) 
Um... I haven't watched a lot of her makeup tutorials, mostly like, 'whats in my bag', and favourites tags. Hey, does anyone else love watching 'what's in my bag' videos??? But, yeah, I really like watching her videos. I'm going to put a link to her other youtube channel: TheSammiMariaShow. She also did some diet and fitness videos which I found really useful .
If you go to her channel, and read her profil, it say she likes Harry Potter!!! You all know I love Harry Potter :)

So these are my favourite You Tube beauty gurus, post a comment telling me yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment